Dunwoody Pet Owner Resources
Helpful Links for Our Clients
Animal Urgent Care of Dunwoody provides these pet resources for information only. We are not affiliated with nor do we specifically recommend these organizations or websites. Always call us with questions.
DeKalb County Animal Services – The Animal Services Division is managed by LifeLine Animal Project, a non-profit organization whose programs strengthen the entire animal welfare community by promoting homeless pet adoption, providing affordable spay/neuter services, increasing public awareness, and advocating for lifesaving public policy.
Best Friends in Atlanta – Best Friends and Atlanta Pet Rescue and Adoption (APRA) have merged! The center will serve as a lifesaving hub for animals and also a base to fill in gaps in local programming and build a coalition to help the metro-Atlanta area in its final push to no-kill. Visit their site to learn more, donate and view a list of volunteer opportunities.
Pet Health, Behavior & Info Sites
- Animal Poison Control Center – For any animal poison-related emergency or if worried your pet ate something toxic.
- Pet Health Network – Find a breadth of health answers about your pet.
- HomeAgain & AKC Reunite Microchips & PetLink – Register & update your pet’s microchip information.
- Pet Health Insurance Buyer's Guide - ASPCA's pet insurance buying guide.
- APHIS Pet Travel – USDA's information on domestic and international pet travel.
- Pets & Parasites – Recommendations for diagnosis, treatment and prevention of pet parasite infections.
- Heartworm Society – Learn more about deadly heartworms and what you can do to protect your pet.
- CDC Rabies Information - Everything you need to know about the rabies virus.
- CDC Zoonotic Diseases - Learn about the risks of diseases people get from animals.
- Rainbow Bridge – A grief support community for those who are hurting from the death of a beloved pet.
- American Kennel Club
- Dog Owner's Guide – A nice starter guide of things to consider when thinking about getting a puppy.
- International Cat Care - Resources, support and advice that help you better care for your cats.
- The ASPCA – Exists to promote humane principles, prevent cruelty and alleviate fear, pain, and suffering in animals.
- Humane Society of the United States – Promotes the protection and adoption of all animals.
- Southern Veterinary Partners
We will be closed this Saturday (2/3/24).